Statement of Intent
WILD PINES PARK
STATEMENT OF INTENT
1. Wild Pines Park Ltd recognises and accepts its legal obligations (under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and all applicable regulations made under it) to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all its employees, persons in training, partners, contractors and temporary workers ("Employees") and the health and safety of visitors, clients, young people and other persons who attend or use our premises or Ropes Course and who may be affected by its work ("Visitors").
2. In accordance with its legal obligations, Wild Pines Park Ltd has carried out a risk assessment of its activities, equipment, facilities, building and all other related arrangements where matters of health and safety may be involved. This Health and Safety Policy ("the Policy") is designed to enable Wild Pines Park to comply with its statutory health and safety obligations, to apply the necessary measures identified in its risk assessment and to adopt all other reasonably practicable measures (within the limits of available resources) to:
2.1 reduce hazards and the risk of personal injury to its Employees and Visitors arising out of its activities;
2.2 maintain a safe and healthy place of work; and
2.3 reduce hazards and the risk of damage to its property.
3. In particular, Wild Pines Park Ltd shall:
3.1 continue to identify hazards and assess risks to health and safety;
3.2 provide and maintain safe plant, equipment and systems of work that are free of risk to health;
3.3 maintain any place of work under its control (including access and egress) safe and free of risk to health;
3.4 provide safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
3.5 provide adequate and appropriate information, instructions, training and supervision;
3.6 consult with all the Employees on health and safety matters; 3.7 liaise with contractors and other employers where necessary; 3.8 monitor, inspect and review the implementation of this Policy; and 3.9 review and update this Policy annually.
4. To this end, proper implementation and application of this Policy by everyone is paramount. Employees are required to comply with the terms of this Policy and any related arrangements or policies from time to time in force; take all reasonable steps to protect their own safety and that of other Employees; and co-operate with management in the implementation of this Policy.
5. The ultimate responsibility for overseeing the implementation of this Health and Safety Policy rests with Wild Pines Park Ltd.
All Wild Pines Park standards are equal to or exceed the European Ropes Course Association (ERCA) standard 15567 Parts 1 & 2